The Northern Ireland Executive have announced that effective from Monday 10th August 2020, the wearing of face masks for retail establishments will become mandatory.
“Retail workers will not have to wear masks; it is those people coming into the shops that we are asking to wear masks.”
Therefore, in line with this updated guidance as a business we will be making it a mandatory requirement for all customers to wear a face mask upon entering our premises.
Facemasks have been placed at both main entry points for visitors, if Customers arrive unmasked, they can avail of these. These ruling apply to customers/visitors unless they fall into one of the exempt categories).
*Exempt categories include:
- If you have a physical or mental illness or impairment, or a disability that means you cannot put on, wear or remove a face covering
- if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering would cause you severe distress
- if you are travelling with, or providing assistance to, someone who relies on lip reading to communicate
- if you need to remove it during your journey to avoid harm or injury or the risk of harm or injury to yourself or others
- if you need to eat, drink, or take medication you can remove your face covering
- if you are asked to remove your face covering by a police officer or other official